The Stewardship Council strives to educate parishioners in the Biblical principles of whole life stewardship and to emphasize and encourage thoughtful and prayerful decision making by each parishioner on how to best use his or her God-given gifts of time, talent and treasure to serve the needs of the Church and its parishioners, and in so doing, honor the name and glory of the Lord.
What is Stewardship?
Stewardship is a way of life. It is a complete lifestyle…a total accountability and responsibility before God. You can think of it in terms of prayer, service, and sharing. PRAYER defines our relationship with God. Good stewards listen and respond to God’s word. SERVICE involves gifts and needs. We willingly and generously use the gifts God has given us (time, talent, treasure) to serve those in need as directed by God through prayer. We are His instrument. Through us, Jesus is doing something for others. The work of the Lord takes place through our actions. The joy of giving is the essence of SHARING. Joy has been described as an infallible sign of God’s presence in each of us.
In essence, stewardship is what we DO after we say we BELIEVE.
- PRAYER: “May God bless us as we glorify His gifts!
- SERVICE: “Go forth and do good works in His name!
- SHARING: “Give, and it will be given to you …”
- To study and grow in our understanding of Biblical stewardship and to be examples of good stewards
- Develop a year-round emphasis on Christian stewardship through a variety of methods for all parishioners.
Subcommittees / projects include:
Education Sub-Committee: organizes, facilitates, and/or coordinates stewardship education of the parish. Includes:
- Assisting the Parish School of Religion with children’s stewardship education efforts
- Coordinating weekly “Stewardship Thoughts” in the church bulletin
- Facilitating financial stewardship seminars:
– Financial Peace University
– Estate Planning
Ministry Fair Sub-Committee
- Coordinates Ministry Fair, an annual event that showcases the many ways parishioners can use their time and talent to assist the parish community
- Creates and maintains Time and Talent Directory
Welcome Ministry Sub-Committee – assists new parishioners with registration and advises them of opportunities to use their time, talent, and treasure within the Church community
Annual Time, Talent, and Offertory Renewal and Archdiocesan Annual Appeal – encourages prayerful reflection on time, talent, and financial stewardship through witness pulpit talks and witness videos on stewardship
Structure of the Stewardship Council
The Stewardship Council is appointed by the parish pastor, Father Brian Sheridan, and is responsible to him and to the Pastoral Council.
Any parishioner interested in the work of the Stewardship Council should contact the
Parish Office at 770-432-8579 Ext. 109 or via e-mail.
Inquiries or assistance of any kind are always welcome!