The mission of the finance council is to work in an advisory capacity to the Pastor with regard to the administration and stewardship of parish goods in order to carry out our Parish mission.
- Grow in our experience and understanding of God’s grace;
- Build strong bonds of mutual support within our community; and
- Serve the cause of mercy, justice and evangelization in our world.
The members of the Parish Finance Council are appointed by the Pastor on the basis of their expertise in matters relating to accounting and finance, investment management, fundraising/development, budget and law. Members provide the Pastor with recommendations on how to deal with long term financial plans and policies. The Finance Council strives to set a standard for future action, particularly in areas that impact parish finances with clear direction for creative, flexible action by those who will implement policies.
- Develop and approve the annual budget.
- Review financial statements and make recommendations to meet parish and archdiocesan goals and priorities.
- Provide periodic financial reports to the parish.
- Review and approve expenditures outside of approved budget.
- Review all contracts over $4000 between parish and outside parties/vendors.
- Insure adequate internal controls for processes, recordkeeping, and cash handling procedures.
- Monitor compliance with Archdiocesan Best Practices Finance and Legal Policies,
- Consult with other parish organizations and ministries regarding financial matters.
Current Finance Council Members
Ex Officio Members:
Fr. Brian Sheridan, Pastor